High Voltage Pulsed Power
circuit design realisation
Consultancy provided in the design review of a compact pulsed high-voltage power supply, with particular focus on
- component and substrate material ratings and derating, for optimised reliability
- circuit conductors, dielectric substrate and enclosure layout and topology, to avoid tracking and bulk breakdown phenomena
- verification of circuit functional topology & performance, for compliance with NATO sub-system guidance and requirements
resulting in improved first-time compliance and reduction in design iteration steps, saving project time and cost.
Application of physical principles in metal-insulator-vacuum (M-I-V) and air-bridged regimes, for optimisation of insulator structures, to
- minimise electric field stresses,
- avoid flashover and
- mitigate breakdown (insulation failure),
particularly in multi-layer printed circuit boards.
Drawing on contemporary knowledge and a programme of full-time research, building-up the knowledge base of the client project team and reducing risk in subsequent projects.